SEO, Social Media and Online Reputation Management – The Trinity of Internet Marketing
Search engine optimization (SEO), social networks and online reputation management (ORM) are sometimes confused, with the large number of people who think these three are the same. In addition, there is an obvious overlap, all three have completely different objectives and follow very different results. Here, in this article, we will discuss a little more about its importance and uses.
It is said that search engine optimization, online reputation management and social networks are the trinity of Internet marketing. Let’s discuss a bit about SEO, social networks and ORM first.
Why search engine optimization?
SEO generally refers to obtaining a ranking of websites in search engines or a better classification of products and / or search terms related to services. This is just a process to increase the chances of your website appearing on the first page or first in the search results of popular search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. soon.
- Importance of social media: Social media is sometimes used for marketing, especially for online marketing, and then social networks have turned their name into social media marketing. You can increase the notoriety of your brand. Social networks can help online marketers validate brands. When your company’s social media presence executed correctly, it tells customers that your company’s brand is active and focused on thriving communication with the customers, it informs customers that your company’s brand is active, promotes your brand to your potential customers. It can help increase traffic to your individual or business website, develop a broad community of followers and fans, and can quickly generate new business. It can also boost your search ranking rapidly.
Why online reputation management?
Online reputation management is about improving your personal or professional name or reputation. This is counteracting or eliminating the negative comments that are found on the Internet, defeating them with more positive comments or criticism to improve their credibility and the client’s confidence in your name or brand.
- Importance of ORM: online reputation is your image on the internet. These days, online reputation has become an imperative for companies of all types to monitor, identify and influence brands’ digital reputation. It is important not only to protect what you already have, but to use your online reputation as part of your marketing campaign to generate new business and increase sales.
The technology that surrounds us is growing at an exponential rate. At no time in human history have we had the real capacity, both as organizations and individuals, to reach, interact and communicate with the maximum number of people. People, locally and globally, and certainly in real time. Digital media has transformed the concept of modern marketing, making it more reprehensible than ever for the organization of businesses and institutions, large and small, to have a voice in the online field.
Digital media and marketing, for example, search engine optimization, social media marketing and online reputation management, have proven their value to companies of all sizes and types.
- Instant communication: digital media and marketing allow conversions in real time between companies and organizations and their customers and members.
- Comments: Companies can obtain qualitative and quantitative information about what is happening in the target market through participation and request for comments.
- Advertising: digital media offers a specific way to promote your brand among potential customers.
When it comes to increasing search rankings, promoting business and developing positive awareness, it takes a lot of time and effort to build and maintain the company’s online reputation. SEO, social networks and ORM can give that. The advantages are:
- Increase traffic, that is, visitors to the target website and exposure.
- Encourage followers and fans.
- Improve the classification of the research.
- Build online reputation, build brand name and value.
- Expand business and improve sales.
- Give an overview of the market.
- Generates trust and credibility.
Social Media and Online Reputation Management
SEO and social networks are not online reputation management. Undoubtedly, reputation management services include SEO and social networks. But, when it comes to comprehensive online reputation management campaigns, SEO is far from being the whole story. Let’s take a look at the key differences between SEO, social networks and online reputation management.
To understand the fundamental differences in SEO, social networks and ORM, we must understand the path of buyers. The trip of the buyers has three important steps:
- Consciousness: buyers can easily articulate a need or problem, but they are not even aware of any possible solution. He or she likes to go to Southeast Asia, but may or may not have ideas about where to stay or what to do there, so that he can search for the “Southeast Asian destination”, “Things to do in Southeast Asia”. It’s “etc.
- Consideration: He/she now knows to have a week to spend and a specific budget in mind, but you need to create a route, such as where to go, things to do, food to eat, things to buy, etc. He/she is searching for “things to do in Hong Kong “and” motels or restaurants in Shanghai “.
- Decision: the buyer has a route and must find specific suppliers in their destinations, such as “Hyatt Hong Kong”, “cable car in Hong Kong”, “CCTV Tower in Shanghai”, etc.
Last but not least, online reputation management often uses what could be considered tactical or hardball, something that does not fall within the scope of classic SEO and social networks